Our CareersAre you interested in joining a mission-driven organization with a long history of contributing to our community?
Are you focused on helping at-risk youth and families reach their full potential?
Youth Service Bureau Employees are:
- Focused on elevating our community
- Exceptional communicators
- Excited about change
- Team oriented
Resumes may be submitted to:HumanResources@ysbworks.com accompanying a cover letter and resume.
Current Career Opportunities
*Options Program: LCSW or LPC
This position will be Full-Time w/ Benefits.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Options Clinical Therapist facilitates mental health treatment for the Youth Service Bureau of St. Tammany. Starting Salary: $60,000 per year.
Works as the primary treatment provider for mental health and substance abuse intensive individual, family, and group therapy & relapse prevention segments.
- Acts as leader, educator, and co-worker, by modeling an attitude and behavior consistent with the YSB's standards of excellence, thus setting an example for fellow staff members.
- Facilitates the various components of the Clinical Program for the YSB
- Promotes the YSB and its services to local service providers, always maintaining positive, professional, growth-oriented relationships.
- Aids in the implementation and education of new services regarding aspects of substance abuse
- Coordinates and performs urine drug screening services.
- Conducts psychosocial / substance abuse assessments and provides appropriate treatment planning and referral.
- Accepts all referrals for mental health and substance abuse treatment from YSB clinical assessment team.
- Ensures that all state standards for clinic licensure and contract participation are maintained.
- Provides individual and family therapy as needed.
- Provides information and referral services.
- Participates in conferences when needed.
- Helps facilitate the single point of entry (SPOE) for in-patient, state, mental health and adolescent substance abuse treatment.
- Accountable for paperwork for conferences, assessments, and other forms
- Ensures collection of client fees when appropriate
- Adheres to all Youth Service Bureau personnel and program policies.
- Participates in staffing, agency development, on-going career development, training, fund raising, and quality public relations.
- Participates in any other services or agency events as requested by the Program Coordinator, and YSB President/CEO
- Master’s level counselor in the field, i.e., LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor), LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) with Medicaid knowledge.
- The above credentials must be supplemented with 2 years counseling experience.
- Excellent ability to assess substance abuse / use history and diagnose appropriately.
- Excellent mental health and substance abuse counseling and intervention skills
- Thorough understanding of family dynamics as it relates to families with substance abusing adolescent.
- Excellent family and group therapy skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to appropriately confront resistant and oppositional youth and / or their families.
- Practical understanding of juvenile development and family systems
- Practical understanding of juvenile justice and delinquency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent group & classroom management skills
- Good staff team participation
- 37.5-hour work week
- Off Fridays @ noon
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- 19 Paid Holidays per year
- Complementary admission to our Annual Chef Soiree’ event
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance